Skoshbox Review

December 2013:


It's Skoshbox time! When it arrived in my mail box it felt like I received an early Christmas gift. A gift of yummy Japanese snacks and candy.
If you're new to my blog and have no clue what Skoshbox is, I explain it in greater detail here. But basically it is a monthly subscription box that sends interesting Japanese candy and treats right to your door. They also send a special gift, which can be either a traditional Japanese item, or stationary.

Skoshbox!
Either Skoshbox has learned to pack their boxes better, or my mailman hasn't lost his temper yet. Because my snacks were actually intact this month!


Peanut Butter Stick: Wheat rice-cracker in peanut butter flavor.
First up is the peanut butter stick. It is the one wrapped like a Tootsie Roll. It was pretty good, but was kind of boring. It tasted like any peanut butter snack I could buy in the states at my local grocery store.

Yuki No Yado Custard: Rice cracker senbei with custard drizzle.
The two round crackers. After last month's yummy frosted senbei, I was so happy to discover yet another flavored senbei in this box. It was delicious. The senbei crackers always have a salad dressing-like flavor to them, yet they taste surprisingly good when mixed with sweet toppings.

Mini Senbei Mix: Assorted senbei mix.
It doesn't specify what flavors could be in the little bag of mystery. Though they do warn that sea food could be involved. After the whole eel incident, I was quite hesitant, but it wasn't bad. A bit too salty for me though.


Haihain Cracker: Baby's first rice cracker.
The wrapper with the faces and bottles. For some reason I find the wrapper mildly creepy, I don't know why... The crackers also looked like Styrofoam, and tasted like it too. Bleh...

Juicy Fruit Candy: Peach, grape, apple, orange, and yuzu.
I have no clue what yuzu is. But I received orange and peach, and they were amazing! I am not a fan of candy, but they were so flavorful, and really tasted like fruit. Not artificial at all.

Mini Baum Roll: Snack sized classic baum cakes. Matcha or cream.
Luckily Skoshbox was kind to me and gave me matcha! I'm at the point where I am obsessed with anything that has matcha in it. It is just so good! This roll was a bit dry, but other than that it was quite good.


Bakauke Senbei: In curry, cheese, nori, sweet soy, or sesame seed.
It is the one that kind of looks like sweet potato fries, with the creepy potato man on it.
I couldn't for the life of me pronounce the name, or figure out what flavor I had. Whatever it was, I wasn't a fan.

Cheese Almond: Rice cracker topped with cheese cream and almond.
I don't know if cheese cream is basically just cream cheese. But I don't care, because this was very good. It looked like it should be served on a platter at a dinner party or something. Yummy and pretty.

Strawberry Kitkat: This needs no introduction! I have been dying to try a strawberry Kitkat ever since I heard they existed on this planet! And finally I got to. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype I built up in my head, but it did. It tasted like a strawberry milkshake. SO good.

Careme Soft Cookie: Chewy cookies in milk or chocolate.
I would have loved to have tried the chocolate one, but the milk cookie was really good. It was like a Fig Newton, minus the fig.


And finally my surprise gift!
Kami Fuusen: Traditional paper balloon. Inflate gently and have fun!
I'm surprised that as I write this, this balloon still exists. Between my dog, cats, and hyperactive ferret, this thing should have been destroyed the second I opened it. But It's still in one piece, and I love it. I would like to find a way to turn it into something decorative for my bedroom, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks for reading! To check out other Japanese snacks I've received in my previous Skoshboxes click here.
-xo Brittany

What snack would you like to try from this month's box? Do you like Skoshbox? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments: