Christmas Nail Art: Raymond Briggs' The Snowman


Hi everyone! Today I am so, so, soooo pleased with how my mani turned out. It was a very big risk, considering the amount of detail that was required to recreate (and attempt to do justice) Raymond Briggs' famous Christmas story. I decided on this theme because for as long as I can remember, The Snowman has played a huge part in my family's festive celebrations. I don't know a single person who hasn't seen the film either, which just goes to show how popular it is! I'm not going to lie, this manicure took about five hours in total. It's a bloody good job I have little else to do at the moment! I used soooo many polishes it would be ridiculous to sit here and list them all, so I think I'm just going to post a few images and then add explanations where I feel appropriate. I hope you like them!

I used Google Images for my inspiration, and picked out a few of my favourite illustrations for each of my nails. I decided upon two full portraits of the snowman himself, because he is the most important part, obviously! I then decided to be super cheesy and recreate two images of the snowman hugging the little ginger boy (what was his name?!), and finally a portrait of boy on his own.


I used an extremely trimmed down nail art brush for this manicure. It's probably only got about five or six strands left in the brush! As I said before, I used lots of polishes, but I think the ones that played the most important role were Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' and 'Nirvana', as well as Models Own 'Blueberry Muffin', 'Utopia', 'Indian Ocean' and 'Peach Puff', and finally OPI 'Yellopalooza'.


What do you think? I know I say it an awful lot (as do most nail artists, I assume), but this design is MOST DEFINITELY my best to date. I can't stop looking at my nails, which sounds a little bit cocky, but after five hours of hunching over with a tiny paint brush and about seven zillion bottles of nail polish, I think I'm allowed to be a bit proud!

0 comments: