Let it Snow...

I can't believe this is one of my last posts for 2013!

And what better way to end the year than with a nail design!
I missed making a Christmas themed design because of work, but I still wanted to celebrate my favorite season. And one of my favorite parts of this season is snow, so why not make some winter/snow themed nail art. I made a snowflake design last year, before I had this blog, so I already knew how to make them, so I just expanded on that design. -I'm thinking about making a tutorial on how to make the snowflakes, since I haven't made a tutorial in a long time. so hopefully I actually remember to do that! :p -


For this design I used Sally Hansen Gray by Gray as the base color for all my nails. For my striped nail I applied some striping tape, two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then quickly removed the tape. I used the same white polish and a fine nail art brush to free hand the snowflakes on my ring finger, then applied some accent dots using Milani Art of Silver and Snow Me White. I finished both nails with a coat of my Essie Matte About You top coat for some interest next to my super glittery index finger and pinkie nails.
For those I used my new gorgeous Sally Hansen Triple Shine Sparks Fly. I used three coats over a coat of my Sally Hansen Gray by Gray. I finished both nails with a coat of my Revlon Quick Dry top coat, which I am retiring soon! It chips like mad, so I replaced it with an essie top coat from Ulta. Hopefully it's an improvement. If you have any suggestions for a good top coat, please let me know in the comments! I have been on the hunt for a good one Forever, and keep getting disappointed.





In natural light.
I like this design, though I was mad that I smudged my snowflakes a bit when I got too impatient to apply my top coat. And then when I tried to fix it, I just smudged it more! So I basically had to step away from the nail art brush and live with it, painful as that was... I was also thrilled to get to use my new Sally Hansen Sparks Fly, which is a beautiful blue based glitter that was just perfect for this design. It's just so cool and wintry.

I will have a post up tomorrow, so this is technically not my last post of the year, but I just want to wish you a Happy New Year, and thank you all for reading my blog! I know I don't have thousands of readers, but the fact that anyone finds my ramblings interesting is awesome, so thank you! Hopefully my blog will grow even more in 2014, and I can meet some more awesome bloggers along the way.
Though 2014 hasn't even started and it's already big for I Heart Nail Art, because later this week -Jan 3rd.- I will be posting my first PR review! -Eek!- I'm very excited, and I hope you like it.

Ok, I'm done being a soppy mess, I swear. Thanks for reading! To check out my previous nail designs click here.
- xo Brittany 

 Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments: