Sloths 'n' Dots

Hello everyone :) As you may or may not be aware, I've decided to start selling hand painted false nails. There's been quite a lot of interest over on my Facebook page, but I wanted to make sure all my lovely blog readers are kept up-to-date as well! My own nails are still refusing to play nice - I really did abuse them while working on my dissertation :( I think I'm going to have to invest in some quality products to get them back in shape! Any suggestions?

Anyway, since my own little tips are far too ugly (and naked) to share with the world, I thought I'd show you another one of my designs. If you've been a regular reader for a while, you will probably know that I did a 'Sloth' design during my 7 Deadly Sins theme, which you can find here. I've got quite a few friends who are sloth-obsessed, and they're such funny little creatures (sloths, not my friends...), that I decided to recreate the manicure on falsies!


The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
Seventeen 'Forever'
Jacava 'Mont Blanc'*
Models Own black nail art pen
Old, unlabelled dark brown
Fine nail art paint brush
Dotting tool

So I started out with 'Pistache' for the bases, apart from the thumb nails which I painted with 'Forever'. A lot of people keep asking why the fishbones have 6 nails per side, but I guess it's because everyone has different sized/shaped nails to it's good to have a couple extra in order to find something that fits properly! It's also pretty handy if you have twelve fingers...
Once my bases were dry, I used a dotting tool for polkadot nails. For the thumb nails I painted a large white circle, then added dark brown eye patches. Once that was dry, I added details using my trusty Models Own black nail art pen. I also used the dark brown for the branches on the index finger nails. Then, using my fine paint brush, I added the hanging sloths. I also used my paint brush for the sloths on the ring finger nails. It was pretty tricky adding the tiny details, especially the smiles, but I just took my time in the forming each of the shapes.
If you like these sloth falsies, then they could be yours for FREE. Just pop over to my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/littletipoffnailart) and become a fan, then find the original giveaway post and give it a 'Like'. The winner will be announced on Tuesday night... Are you feeling lucky?! 
*Unfortunately this giveaway is only available to UK residents due to shipping regulations and cost, and you've got to be 18 or have your guardian's permission.

0 comments: