Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint: 'Papaya' & 'Greenberry' Review

Good morning! Today I bring you a review of Barry M's Gelly polish, which I have only just got around to purchasing. A lot of the girls on Twitter have been talking about it for a while, so I decided to find out what all the fuss is about, and popped into Boots to treat myself to 'Papaya' and 'Greenberry'. The polishes are a bargain £3.99 each, and I took advantage of Boots' 'Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price' offer, so it was even better for the old purse strings. Initially I was worried the formula would be gloopy and take ages to dry, but I was pleasantly surprised!


'Papaya' is a wonderful addition to my collection of peach and orange polishes. I thought it may be a bit too similar to Models Own 'Fuzzy Peach', but it's actually much richer in colour, and is very much like the juicy, fleshy part of its namesake! 
'Greenberry' is a gorgeous bright shade. I'm normally more drawn to paler, more delicate colours, which is why my mint green/pale teal collection is so vast (Models Own 'Apple Pie', L'Oreal 'Perle de Jade' and e.l.f. 'Mint Cream', to name a few!) It's nice to now have a more striking shade of turquoise :)
Both polishes applied really well, and the consistency is just right. I used 3 coats for each nail, but you can easily get away with 2, I'm just a bit O.C.D. when it comes to coverage. Barry M's Gelly polishes also dry extremely quickly, which is handy. I popped 'Papaya' on early last week to find out how well it lasts and removes, and it didn't disappoint on either front. My nails were chip-free for a good few days, and I got lots of compliments on the smooth finish and eye-catching colour. When I removed the manicure, it was really quick and easy, even with acetone-free polish remover. Plus there was hardly any staining, which is always good!
I decided to add my favourite Models Own glitter to my swatches, along with a couple of accents. The Barry M brushes are good for small details as they are slim, and rarely have any stray bristles (a pet hate of mine). I didn't have to use a small paint brush for the tips of my ring and index fingers, and simply applied a coat of 'Papaya' in a triangular shape. I added a coat of Models Own Hed Kandi 'Ibiza Mix' to my orange nails, and then carefully applied individual sequins to outline the triangle detail, as well as a little dab in the middle. 'Ibiza Mix' is the perfect addition to this manicure as it contains glitters in almost-matching shades to 'Papaya' and 'Greenberry', so the colours are really picked out.

Have you tried any of Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints? If so, what's your favourite colour? The next time I go shopping I am definitely picking up a few more shades!

0 comments: