Dots and Daisies: A Simple Floral Technique

 
Hey everyone! Today I've got a little post about some nails I did recently. Normally when I do floral designs I stick to pinks and roses and girly bits-and-bobs, but I thought I'd try something different. I hadn't mattified in a while either, so I decided to combine some abstract daisies and dots with a real clean, matte manicure.

The equipment:

Jacava 'Mont Blanc'*
Sinful Colors 'Black on Black'
Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
Barry M Limited Edition 'Bright Yellow'
Essie 'Matte About You'
Dotting tool
Fine nail art paint brush

I started out with a base coat of 'Black on Black' (I eventually wiped it away from my ring and index fingers when I decided to do alternating bases!) Sinful Colors are fast becoming one of my favourite brands - although the polishes are quite thin and require a few coats for opacity, they have a really lovely, glossy finish, and they're only £1.99 a pop! Bloody bargain. 
Once I'd switched around my bases (the pure white is Jacava 'Mont Blanc' and it is the best white nail polish EVER... I'm so gutted it's nearly run out because I don't fancy parting with £15 for a new bottle) I started adding details. I used a dotting tool, and evenly spaced yellow dots for the centre of the daisies. Once I'd added white petals using my paint brush, I added green dots in the empty areas using Sinful Colors 'Pistache'. I was going to add gems to the alternating nails but decided this manicure didn't require any sparkles - instead, I added more dots, and then topped everything with Essie 'Matte About  You.' 
What do you think? It's not like me to do such a simple design, but I kind of like it, especially at the moment while my nails are so short!

0 comments: