Birthday Haul: Lots of Naily Treats!


Hi everyone! Today I've decided to show you some of the nail-related gifts I received for my birthday last week. I turned 24 on November 3rd, and since then I've been so busy with various events and meetings, I haven't had a moment to spare for my poor little blog. Although I haven't had enough time to create a new nail art design, I thought that you may enjoy having a little nosy at some of my newest naily treats. I did extremely well in terms of presents this year - I'm pretty certain I've never received so much, and I felt spoiled rotten. It just goes to show that no matter how old you are, you can still feel like a child again when it's your birthday! 


So first up is OPI's Mariah Carey collection, which consists of four Liquid Sand mini nail lacquers. From left to right, the polishes are: 'Get Your Number', 'Can't Let Go', 'The Impossible' and 'Stay The Night'. Since purchasing my first OPI polishes, the Couture De Minnie collection, I've become a massive fan, and I was extremely happy to receive a few more. The Liquid Sand polishes dry to a textured matte finish, and are totally packed with sparkle. 


Next up are some more OPI minis, which come together as the San Francisco collection. From left to right, they are: 'First Date At The Golden Gate', 'Muir Muir On The Wall', 'In The Cable Car-Pool Lane' and 'Peace & Love & OPI'. I immediately fell in love with the latter. It's one of the only birthday nail polishes that I've managed to use so far, and it's still sitting on my nails in its shimmery, petroleum-coloured loveliness (albeit a little chipped).


I also received quite an impressive No. 7 haul, which includes these three glitters. I wish I could say that No. 7 took the time to give them nice titles, but unlike OPI's ultra-creative nail polish namers (the most perfect job in the world, if you ask me), they simply stuck to 'Gold Glitter Top Coat' and 'Silver Glitter Top Coat'. However, they pushed the boat out a bit with the pink, naming it 'Daisy Darling'. 


Here's the rest of my No. 7 haul. From left the right, we have: 'Vivid Violet', 'Temptress', 'Beanie', 'Damson Dream', 'Salsa' and 'Totally Teal'. The majority of these are new to me, but a couple are good replacements for polishes that are quickly running out (mainly 'Totally Teal', which I use for pretty much any manicure involving green shades!) I really love 'Beanie', and used it in this mani along with 'Gold Glitter Top Coat'.


I was also lucky enough to receive my first ever Butter London polish. It's called 'Molly Coddled', and though I already own a number of purple shades, I've never come across one quite like this. I swatched it almost immediately, as I was desperate to test out a polish that everyone seems to rave about. As expected, it applied really smoothly, dried quickly, and didn't require anymore than a coat or two. I also got a Barry M nail art pen, which I muse about here as well! Remaining loyal to my all-time favourite Models Own, I also got 'Absinthe' from the Velvet Goth collection. I already own 'Obsidian', and I really love it, so I was pleased to receive the deep green sparkly shade.


Finally, I was treated to a Jessica Quick Dry Oil. Again, I'm yet to try it out, but I've been assured that it's absolutely amazing. It looks and feels so luxurious too: the box packaging screams high-quality in its simplicity, and the translucent glass bottle, along with a glass pipette for application, is extremely snazzy!

So there you have it, my birthday nail haul! Do you have any of these products already? Let me know what you think!

0 comments: