Patchwork Inspired Nail Art: Strawberries & Toadstools


Hi guys! Today my manicure is inspired by one of the patterns in Moxie Fab World's 'wonky fabric' post. I was feeling pretty stumped, so I decided to turn to good old Google images, and tried out the search term 'cartoon patchwork' as I fancied doing something bright and cheerful. Kokka Fabrics' 'Patchwork Fruit' grabbed my attention immediately, and I knew I had to try and recreate the combination of strawberries, toadstools and polkadots via my nails!

The equipment:

e.l.f. 'Metallic Elegance'
Sinful Colors 'Island Coral'
Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Classic red (no label!)
Models Own 'Feeling Blue'
Models Own 'Jade Stone'
Essie 'Matte About You'
Fine nail art paint brush
Small/medium dotting tool

I also used this image for reference, which was sourced from here via Google Images...


I used 'Metallic Elegance' as a base for my index and middle finger nails, 'Feeling Blue' for my thumb and little finger nails, and 'Island Coral' for my ring finger nail. I then used a small/medium sized dotting tool to add white polkadots on my little finger, and a fine paintbrush to apply love hearts to my ring finger. 

For the strawberries, I used my fine paintbrush again. I used a classic red shade for one nail, and 'Island Coral' for the other. The leaves are formed using 'Jade Stone', one of my all-time favourite polishes! I then added more details in white.


My thumb nail caused me the most trouble. I initially painted the red tops directly onto the blue base, but then realised the design would require white bases in order to ensure opacity. I started again, painting the basic shapes on in white, and once dry, I added details using red and pink, and used my dotting tool once more for the polkadots.


When the design was complete, I topped it off with 'Matte About You'. What do you think?

0 comments: