September/October Favorites

A list of my favorite products and things I bought in September/October 2013.


Yes I fell behind. Bad blogger! But I figured I would play catch up by combining the months I missed in an extravaganza of favoritism! So here are the things I have been obsessed with for the months of September and October. And I swear I will try to not miss another Favorites monthly post, because I like them, and I know others do too.
Sidenote: While I know people always say this, and it's on the verge of cliche, but this year has been going by so fast! I can't believe it's almost Christmas... Though the constant barrage of Christmas decor, and songs on the radio, make it a bit hard to disbelieve...

O.P.I Oz the Great and Powerful Collection - $10
(L-R) I Theodora You, Don't Burst My Bubble, Glints of Glinda, What Wizardry is This?
My first favorite for September/October Would have to be my O.P.I Oz the Great and Powerful mini collection. I love The Wizard of Oz, and while I have yet to see this prequel, I am still really interested in trying the collection based on it. I haven't had time to swatch the polishes yet, but I already can tell I am going to love What Wizardry is This, the dark holo-glitter.

Essie Matte About You - $8 Zoya Tomoko - $8
Of course the majority of my favorites list involves nail polish. I can't help it! 
I bought these polishes during my wallet emptying trip to Ulta, which you can read more about here.
I've been hunting around for a nice matte top coat for a while, so I was so happy to add Essie Matte About You to my collection. It's a bit thick, but it covers nicely, and the matte effect is very strong and noticeable. 
Zoya Tomoko was an impulse buy - Like most of my purchases.- . I love Zoya, and I love the shades they create. This champagne glitter is beautiful, easy to apply, and fun to look at. 
I've already swatched and reviewed both polishes, so if you would like to learn more about them just click here.
I'll also throw in some swatches below.



Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream.
This was actually given to me by my mother. She received two shades of this BB+ cream to review, one in light, one in medium. And knowing that I am paler than Casper the ghost, she was nice enough to give me the light shade to try. 
I love this product so much. It gives great light coverage, is super soft and creamy, long lasting, and leaves my skin feeling healthy and soft when I take it off at night. I will be repurchasing this as soon as I come close to running out. Which won't be for a while, as I only need to use a dime sized amount to get the coverage I need.
I'm thinking about writing a more comprehensive review on this BB cream, so if you would like to see that let me know in the comments!

Dot's Amore sweater - ??
Of course I have to include some fashion in this post. I don't just buy nail polish... Sometimes... 
Anyway, I bought this sweater from work. I don't remember the cost, but it wasn't expensive. I love the fabric, and the Amore print across the front. It is a quarter sleeve, and has a small keyhole in the back by the shoulders, so maybe not the best for super cold days... But I love it anyway, and it looks super cute with a scarf and some leggings. The perfect autumn attire.

Dot's Moccasins - $19
Again, another purchase from work. Though these have an actual purpose. I bought them for the walk to work -Around 35-40 minutes.- because they not only look really cute, but they are super comfortable and easy to walk in. I also find that the solid black color helps them go with almost anything, and the silver studs give them some interest.


And lastly, the biggest item on this list, my CAR! Yes, no more walking for this girl! My aunt gave it to me, and I've been paying to have it fixed ever since. Took a few weeks, and a lot of money, but it was totally worth it. Don't be surprised if there is a car decor post in the future, as this is going to be the most girly car ever. And of course, I had to name her. So meet Queen Bee, isn't she adorable?! :p
If your wondering where the name came from, while driving her home that song Royals by Lorde was on the radio, in which, she refers to herself as a queen bee. And so Queen Bee the car was born!

Thanks for reading! To read my previous favorites post click here.
- xo Brittany

What were your September/October Favorites? Let me know in the comments!


Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments: