Wimbledon Nails!

Hey everyone :) Today I've dedicated my manicure to the big tennis event that's going on at the moment. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of tennis (or any sport, for that matter), however I am a big fan of painting anything and everything on my nails, so I couldn't help but create a Wimbledon-inspired design!
The equipment:

Models Own 'Feeling Blue'
Models Own 'Jade Stone'
Natural Collection 'White'
Barry M Limited Edition 'Yellow'
W7 'Neon Green'
Models Own 'Fuzzy Peach'
Models Own white nail art pen
Models Own black nail art pen
Models Own 3-in-1 clear coat
Fine nail art paint brush
So, as always, I started out with my bases. I used Models Own 'Jade Stone' on my middle finger and little finger nails, 'Feeling Blue' on my index finger, white on my thumb, and a combination of both blue and white on my ring finger nail. Each of my nails took between 2 and 3 coats to achieve a good clean finish.
Next I added some block base details. I used 'Jade Stone' again on my thumb, and W7 'Neon Green' on my index finger. I had already planned where each little design would be, so I knew that the tennis ball nail would require a blue background. It's always important to plan ahead with intricate designs like this!
Next I added some more block details. I created a blue ring around the green circle on my thumb, and then used my yellow Barry M polish to paint the beginnings of a tennis racket and a trophy. Using my trusty black nail art pen I applied dots and a semi-circle to my ring finger (it looks a bit like a smiley face), creating details for the 'tennis shoe' nail. I know that traditionally tennis shoes are white, and nowadays all kinds of trainers are worn, but I wanted to keep in with the blue and green theme, so it made sense to create more of a Converse-style shoe.

Finally, I added the smaller details. These included a number 1 on the trophy, laces to the tennis shoe, tennis racket strings (and another racket poking in at the side, as my nail looked a bit bare!), and the white details on the tennis ball. The trickiest details were on my thumb, as can be seen below...
I used my white nail art pen and tried to copy the Wimbledon logo. The real one reads 'The Championships, Wimbledon', but I didn't have room for the 'the' or the final 's'. I also had to keep the crossed rackets and ball design very simple, which is a shame, but even the tiniest of paint brushes can't achieve details that small!

What do you think? Even though I'm not a fan of tennis, I really like these nails. It's quite nice to create a design that's actual relevant to current events too :)

0 comments: