Blue Roses

Hi guys! Today I decided to do a very simple girly manicure, and I love the fact that I only used Models Own products (my favourite brand, in case you hadn't noticed!) I researched rose nail art yesterday, and decided to adapt a few different techniques into my own style. I can't remember precisely which blogs/pictures I looked at, but there is an abundance of them out there, so just Google 'rose nail art' and you will definitely find a technique that suits you :)
The equipment:

Models Own 'Blueberry Muffin'
Models Own 'Feeling Blue'
Models Own 'In The Navy'
Models Own 'Jade Stone'
Models Own 3-in-1 clear coat
Fine nail art paint brush

I started out with my bases. I used two coats of navy on my thumb nail and ring finger nail, and then applied 'Blueberry Muffin' to my other nails (this took about 3 coats, like most pale varnishes). 
Once my bases were dry, I used my paint brush and started painting the roses. I used 'Blueberry Muffin' first, and formed the flowers by interlocking little comma shapes with space in between.
Next, I used 'Feeling Blue' to apply slightly darker roses. I kept them towards the corners of my nails, as I didn't want them to overwhelm the lovely base colours.
Here's a close-up of my thumb nail... Can you see my pink penguin phone case reflection?! This just goes to show what a smooth, shiny finish Models Own polishes have! Anyway, I repeated the whole process on my pale blue nails, using 'Feeling Blue' and 'In The Navy' for the roses. I also added little leaves using 'Jade Stone'. For most of the leaves I painted a comma shape with a tiny dot beside it, but there's a bit of variety throughout.
I finished off the manicure with a clear top coat. I absolutely love these nails, they're so dainty and cute! It's a nice twist on traditional rose designs too, as I steered clear of pinks and whites. What's more, the whole mani smells of blueberry muffins thanks to Models Own's gorgeous scented collection! What do you think? How do you paint your rose nail art?

0 comments: