7 Deadly Sins - Gluttony

 Hey guys! So this evening I've created my next manicure for the Seven Deadly Sins theme. Today it's Gluttony, and I've represented this sin through lots of naughty food! Ironically, I can't actually eat any of the food I've painted, since I'm one of those awkward people that's gluten AND lactose intolerant. D'oh. But never mind, because now I've got a doughnut, a slice of pizza, a cupcakey-icecreamy thing, and a burger on my finger tips :)

The equipment:

Models Own 'Utopia'
Models Own 'Bare Beauty'
Models Own 'Pastel Pink'
Models Own 'Blueberry Muffin'
Models Own 'Feeling Blue'
Models Own 'Jade Stone'
Models Own 'Fuzzy Peach'
Barry M 'Shocking Pink'
Natural Collection 'White'
Fearne 'Lemon Drizzle'
Classic red
03. black fine liner
A fine nail art paint brush
I started out with a base of Models Own 'Utopia', which is a greyish-mauve colour. It only takes two coats to achieve this finish, and it's a really gorgeous shade, so I wholeheartedly recommend!
Next, using a fine paint brush, I applied the block colours. Using Models Own 'Bare Beauty', I painted a thick circle for the doughnut, a curved triangular shape for the pizza, and the burger bun. On my ring finger I used 'Blueberry Muffin' for the bottom of the cupcake/icecream (I can't decide which one it is...)
Next I added more block colours, using Models Own 'Pastel Pink' for the doughnut icing. I used Fearne 'Lemon Drizzle' for the pizza's cheese, and white for the topping of the cupcake/icecream. For the tiny little burger, I added lines of red, green and yellow.
Now for more details! I used Models Own 'Feeling Blue', Barry M 'Shocking Pink' and white nail polish to add sprinkles to the doughnut. For the pizza I added tomato sauce in red, and vegetables using 'Fuzzy Peach' and 'Jade Stone'. I also drew a few black dots (olives maybe?) using the fine liner. I also added darker blue stripes to the base of the cupcake/icecream, and a few sprinkles like the doughnut, then topped it off with a cherry. The burger is so tiny that I couldn't have too many details, so I just added tiny white dots for sesame seeds.

I actually prefer the nails like this, and I kind of regret adding outlines. But never mind. I guess the whole point of nail art is trying and testing different techniques. Anyway, here's what they looked like after adding the outlines with the fine liner...
Maybe if my fine liner was even finer, it would have worked out better. Never mind! I still love the doughnut and the cupcake/icecream, but the pizza slice kind of annoys me now, and the burger is inconsequential because it's so small! Ooooh, and I also drew 'Gluttony' across my thumb nail (on top of 'Pastel Pink'), just because I didn't want to break the habit of writing the name of the sin :)

So there we have it, my Gluttony nails! I think I might do a full set of doughnut nails in the future, without the black outline of course. What do you think? Have you ever painted food-inspired nails?

0 comments: