7 Deadly Sins - Greed

 
Evening! Yes I've been a rubbish blogger YET AGAIN... The weather has been so gorgeous recently that I've tried to be out and about as much as possible. My nails have either been bare or a simple shade of peach for the past week, so I thought it was about time to do something sparkly and O.T.T! Here's my latest offering to the theme of Seven Deadly Sins...
I decided to represent the sin of greed with diamonds, glitter and jewels. I used two gorgeous shades - Rimmel 'Pompous' and Models Own 'Gold Finger' - along with my beloved Nails Inc. 'Bling It On' in silver, a couple of studs, and some tiny gems. I also used Rio nail art pens (I seem to have misplaced my Models Own ones, and Rio work just as well).
As always, I started out with my bases. Can you believe I achieved this finish with only 2 coats of each varnish? I highly recommend Rimmel for this - all of their polishes have a really good consistency, a lovely flat brush, and end up looking perfect after only a couple of coats. They also tend to be very quick drying, which is a plus! 'Gold Finger' is also brilliant in terms of minimal application, which is surprising for a glitter polish.
Once dry, I used a white nail art pen to begin the base for a diamond. I used the striping brush end to get clean, straight lines, and then filled it in.
Once both of my diamonds were dry, I applied Nails Inc. 'Bling It On', which is a fine silver glitter in a cute little bottle. I dabbed it on with a brush, then cleaned up the edges (my little finger nails is a diamond prior to the clean up!) Then I used my black nail art pen to add more details to the diamond.
I normally avoid using large embellishments on my nails, because they're so slim and curved. These studs would be ideal for someone with lovely flat, broad nails, but hopefully the two clear top coats I applied will keep them in place! I added purple gems to this nail, and on the final purple nail I used silver gems.

Finally, I wrote 'Greed' across my thumb. These nails are far too O.T.T. for day-to-day activities, and I'm pretty sure I will lose a few gems while washing dishes/washing my hair/living in general. However I think they aptly represent the sin of greed because they're so embellished and opulent. I also think the purple and gold shades complement one another beautifully, and really relate to the concept of wealth and indulgence!

What do you think? Do you like to use studs or gems, or stick to something more simple?

0 comments: