Mattifying Mania!

Good morningggg! This post may cause a few 'Déjà Vu' moments for my readers, because the photos involved have already appeared individually on my Instagram, Tumblr and/or Facebook page. However, I've decided to dedicate a whole post to my new obsession... Essie 'Matte About You'! I had no idea I'd fall this much in love with a top coat, but I have. I've fallen hard.
I ordered it from Superdrug online, and took advantage of the 3-for-2 offer that was on at that moment in time. You can see what else I bought in this post! Anyway, I opted for Essie's offering to the matte-effect phenomenon because I've read so many good reviews, plus the price (about £8) was reasonable. I could have gone for a cheaper brand, but I know that Essie has never let me down! I'm also not wiling to venture beyond the £8 mark, so Seche, OPI and Nails Inc. (apart from the miniatures) are out of bounds I'm afraid...

This first manicure was inspired by none other than a pair of pants! I was sitting on the sofa trying to think up design ideas, and then when I spotted the cherry-patterned knickers hanging off the airer, my decision was made. Oh, and contrary to my initial statement about this source of inspiration, they are NOT my boyfriend's pants. It was a joke...
I used W7 black as a base, then added white cherries with pale pink highlights (I used Models Own 'Pastel Pink'). Then I added red cherries using Models Own 'Soda Pop Pink' with red and white lowlights and highlights. For the storks I used Models Own 'Jade Stone' with No. 7 'Totally Teal' for details. Once dry, I added a coat of Essie 'Matte About You'. It completely pulls together this funky manicure, and makes it even more cute!
Here I used the matte top coat over Models Own 'Utopia', which is a beautiful pale mauve/grey shade. Adding 'Matte About You' makes it even more delicate, almost porcelain-like, and it's the perfect manicure if you fancy something low key yet gorgeous.
This manicure clearly shows the effect of Essie 'Matte About You'. I started out with 3 coats of Models Own 'Bare Beauty', and once dry I mattified! Because Essie products, both the polish and the brushes, are such high quality, you only need to use one coat and it applies really smoothly. If you haven't yet ventured into the world of mattified manicures, then I wholeheartedly recommend Essie 'Matte About You'. Have you used this product before? If not, what's your favourite matte top coat?

Ooooh and before I go, make sure you check out my other platforms for Little Tip Off. The Facebook page can be found HERE and the Tumblr blog HERE. You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter - search for littletipoff and @amykilv, respectively :)

0 comments: