Teal Glitter Gradient

Hello again! Today I have a design using two Milani polishes I picked up at my local drugstore for half off the regular price! I mean, how was I supposed to walk away from that deal!
I didn't plan to use them together, but once I brought both polishes home I was inspired to try to do my first ever glitter gradient!


For this look I used two coats of Milani Quick Teal as my base, then I applied a drop of Milani Pink Flare by my cuticles, cleaned the brush off, then pulled the polish down the length of my nail. I added a bit more of Pink Flare to my cuticles afterwards to touch up the glitter, and make it a little bolder. For my first ever glitter gradient, I think it came out pretty well. It took a couple tries to get the right amount of polish, but I think Pink Flare had the perfect density for it.
I finished the gradient off with a coat of my new Essie Super Duper Top Coat.
I don't remember where I learned how to do a glitter gradient. I think it was from the amazing blog Chalkboard Nails, but I'm not sure. I have a terrible memory!

Glitter gradient under lamp.




Glitter gradient in natural light.
Glitter gradient close up.
I know I went a bit picture happy, but I had a hard time getting the pink in the glitter polish to register in the pictures! It looks silver, but I swear, Milani Pink Flare is a dusty pink base with dense, fine, pink micro glitter, and round holo-glitter in just a rainbow of colors. You can see the true color in the bottle in the pictures, but on the nail, not so much. In person though, it looks fantastic and bright pink.

I plan on doing more glitter gradients in the future, including free-edge gradients. They are just so pretty and interesting to look at. I may have to give color gradients a go as well, though I think that is going to take some practice...

Thanks for reading! To check out previous designs I've done click here.
- xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments: