Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint Swatch & Review

Since my day today consists of laundry, watching DVDs of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, laundry, and, oh yes, laundry, I thought I would break up the day, and share some swatches, and my opinions, on the new scented line of polishes by Revlon.
I was a bit uncertain when I first heard of the line, all I could think of was those Crayola scented markers everyone had when I was a preschooler. So basically, I was thinking this line was going to be childish, and cheesy. But the bottles looked adorable, and I can't pass up testing out a new polish if I can get my hands on it. Even if it is on the gimmicky side. So during my latest Ulta shopping spree I picked up the shade Wintermint to give these polishes a try.


Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint - $5
I love the bottle, the round cap pays a cute homage to a perfume bottle, and is actually pretty comfortable during polish application.

Wintermint close up.
Wintermint is a shimmery, creme, wintergreen shade, with gold micro glitter, and blue metallic round glitters.
The bottle states that the fragrance becomes apparent when the polish is dry, which is good, because in the bottle all I smell is nail polish.
As the first coat dried I got an immediate waft of mint, quite stronger than I expected! It smells like spearmint gum. And while the strong mint smell does make me feel like I washed my hands with toothpaste, the scent is actually quite nice. Though it does fade after a couple hours, and when used with another polish, the scent fades even quicker.
Formula wise, the first coat is on the sheer side, but the tint is lovely, and it has good coverage. I love the cool mint green shade, and the gold microglitter looks beautiful with it. The larger blue round glitter isn't very dense, but it is very workable, and I prefer the subtlety.
I used four coats over bare nails, and finished it with my Essie Super Duper top coat.

Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint under lamp.


Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint in natural light.
Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint with flash.
I love this shade, even without the perfume gimmick. The color combination is beautiful and elegant, and has a lovely, soft, metallic sheen. I was also surprised by how much I liked the scent. I was expecting to find no scent at all, or something sickeningly sweet, like the aforementioned Crayola markers. But this scent, as well as the others in the collection, fall more under the line of candle scents than sweet scents.
I liked this polish so much, that when this line finally came to my local drugstore, I took the opportunity to buy two more. I couldn't help myself! So keep an eye out for some swatches of those soon.

I think the reason why I like the collection so much is that while at first I thought the fragrance thing was a gimmick, the scents are actually very grown up -No bubble gum candy smell here.- , and the shades are also very subtle and mature. It's like Yankee Candle created a polish line!

Thanks for reading! To check out past Swatch & Reviews click here.
-xo Brittany

Have you tried the parfumerie line from Revlon? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments: