Pier One & Ulta Haul



Today is going to be a really hard one, so I figured I would get lost in the world of blogging for a bit!
I noticed that "Christmas Hauls" seem to be a hot button issue in the blogging community. Some think it's acceptable, some think it is showing off things given to you. I get both sides point, so I am staying out of it! Instead, I thought I would share things I bought recently when I made a wallet emptying trip not only to my home away from home, Ulta, but also to one of my favorite stores in the whole world, Pier One! And then for good measure, I stopped off at Target. Because who needs a full bank account!

First up is Ulta -I could live in that store!-.

(L-R) Zoya Tanzy $8, Revlon Wintermint $5, & Zoya Bevin $8.
Of course the second I entered the building I went straight for the nail polish aisle like a heat seeking missile towards a submarine.
I had to pick up more Zoya polish... Because, I just had to. I bought Zoya Tanzy, which is a super pretty red/orange shade with gold and orange holo-shimmer. And Zoya Bevin, a pretty, dusty, blue/grey creme.
I also stumbled upon the new fragrance polish line from Revlon, so I had to pick up a bottle in shade Wintermint. I've already swatched it, so look out for that review soon!

Essie Super Duper Top Coat $10, & Revlon by Marchesa Nail Appliques $10.
As I have lamented time and time again, I have been hunting for a top coat that actually works! I've already tried top coats by NYC, Revlon, Sally Hansen, etc, and am always left disappointed. So I thought I would give Essie a go. This one claims it fortifies and shines. We'll see...
And the most exciting part of my trip was finding the Marchesa nail appliques! I almost missed them, they were on a bottom shelf, tucked in the corner, but the second I saw them I almost yelled! I have been looking for them at every store I go, and no one ever had them! Even Ulta didn't have them last time I was there. It was like finding the Holy Grail! OK, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but I was so happy to find them because the whole collection is just gorgeous! It was so hard to choose just one, but my checking account wouldn't have survived. So I picked 24K Brocade, a pretty teal with gold damask detailing. I can't wait to try them!

Ulta brand brush set $25, Ulta brand powder brush $4.

I also picked up these makeup brushes while I was there. I have been using cheap ones I picked up at my local drug store, which were not very good, and would shed everywhere. So I figured it was time to upgrade. Ulta was having after Christmas discounts, so I picked up the gold glitter handled powder brush, which was originally twenty-something dollars, for only $4! And I bought the silver Ulta brand brush set with glitter storage clutch for only $25! They are very good quality, and bonus points, they don't shed!

After Ulta, my frightened wallet and I made the trip to Pier One. I love Pier One so much! I know some of the things there aren't the best quality, and things are a tad overpriced. But like any store, if you have the patience to look, you can find so many cute things!

Throw blanket $25.
I just revamped my bedding, so I wanted a nice throw for my bed, and for the chilly Winter nights. I bought this cute multicolored blanket, which was on sale for $25. Unfortunately, this was one of the "not the best quality" items, as it is falling apart at every seam. No wonder it was on sale... Well, you win some, you lose some.

Candle $9.
Pier One was also having an after Christmas sale, so I picked up this beautiful mercury glass jar candle for only $9, on sale from $18. The scent is "Snow"... OK... To me it just smells slightly of vanilla. Though the scent is debatable, it is nice, and the jar is really pretty. I figure once the candle is gone, I'll remove it and reuse the jar.

Owl mug $8.
Because, like my nail polish obsession, my owl obsession knows no bounds, I had to buy this cute little thing! Though it is for hot beverages, I've been basically using it for everything I drink. It's just too adorable.

Wicker balls $1 each.
and my last purchase from Pier One were these glittery, wicker, things... They are one of those decorative things that serve absolutely no purpose, yet for some reason I just had to have them... I plan on using them as props to liven up my blog pictures. So that's kind of a purpose...

And finally, on the way home from this shopping spree, I decided to make it even worse by going to Target! I haven't been to Target in years, so I had to! I went in for one thing, so of course I walked out with more than that...

Pokemon Y $30.
Firstly, what I actually went into Target for.
Yes, I am that big of a nerd. I bought Pokemon X for my brother for Christmas, discovered I loved it, so bought the Y version for myself... Don't judge...

But on the way to the electronics section, something was calling my name...
Purse $30, & Owl wallet $10.
Well actually, two things were... I saw this gorgeous purse and almost walked away, but my mother was with me, and like me, is a total instigator when it comes to shopping. "There's only two left. If you don't get it now, it'll be gone! Think of it as a Birthday gift to yourself!" That's all it took to get me to take it home. But then I turned around and saw the adorable owl wallet, which totally complements the purple fabric of the purse by the way, and that came home too... The picture I took doesn't do the purse justice, it is a beautiful grape color. And it's huge! I feel like Mary Poppins when I'm digging through it.

Well that's what I spent all my money on. It was a really fun day, and I love everything I bought, even the unexpected things.
Thanks for reading! To check out my last haul click here.
-xo Brittany

Are you a fan of Pier One? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin










0 comments: