Shell Pictorial - Part I

As previously stated, I made pictorials for the shells I did in this manicure.

I divided them up into three posts because it's a lot to take in.

Here's the first.
I'm not familiar with the types of shells but it looks like this:





STEP ONE:
Paint a base color. I used Island Girl Surfer Babe.


STEP TWO:
Using a thin paintbrush and paint/polish, paint a rectangle.


STEP THREE:
Paint two lines down to the bottom center, kind of like an envelope.


STEP FOUR:
Connect the lines from the previous step and paint the rest of the shell.


STEP FIVE:
Fill in the shell with a paint/polish. I used a tan acrylic paint.


STEP SIX:
Repaint the outline. Make sure to paint the pointy end at the bottom.


STEP SEVEN:
Using a darker brown paint/polish, fill in the bottom to add some shading.


STEP EIGHT:
Lastly, add some highlight by painting thin white lines against the outline of the shell.


Hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Here's a simple pictorial just to sum it all up:

Thanks for reading!



0 comments: