e.l.f. Cosmetics Competition Prize!

I never intended on involving makeup products/reviews on Little Tip Off, because I always wanted to focus specifically on nail art. However, after winning the e.l.f. Cosmetics Easter/Spring inspired nails & make-up competition, I have received my lovely prize and I just can't resist.

I had to drive to the Royal Mail Delivery Office to get my parcel, since the postman decided to arrive at 8.30am (who is awake at 8.30am during the 3 week Easter break from uni?!) and left a lovely red slip through the letterbox. Anyway, I managed to manoeuvre my way through Salford (quite an achievement, I think I'm finally developing a sense of direction) and collect my parcel!
Although I was hoping for a nail related prize, I'm actually really pleased to receive makeup. The other day I had a big sort through all of my makeup, and got rid of anything old or broken, so it's quite nice to be able to top it up again with these little gems :)

I've only heard good reviews about e.l.f. products, so I can't wait to try everything out! I received a Super Glossy Lip Shine, which I definitely would have chosen myself. The shade is 'Party Peach', which fits in nicely with my current peachy phase! The gloss also has SPF 15 which is an added bonus; I'm a redhead with very pale skin, and protection is very important for someone who can burn just by looking at the sun!
I also got a Matte Eyeshadow in nude, which again I would have picked out. I tend to wear lots of eyeliner and mascara, and therefore like to keep eyeshadow quite neutral and simple against the harsh black outlines. Apparently this eyeshadow has a 'creamy texture' which 'blends in evenly for an age defying look'... I don't think I have to worry about defying age at this very moment, but the natural shade and matte finish will look lovely with the rest of my eye makeup. I also love the cute little brush that it comes with :)
Thirdly, I received a blush in the shade 'Flushed'. It's slightly deeper and darker than my usual blusher, which is Bourjois Rose d'or/Gold Rose (very, very, very pink!), and so it'll be nice to try out something a bit different.
Finally, I got an e.l.f. Mineral Eye Liner in 'Metallic Purple'. I was a bit worried about the colour being too bright for my complexion, however on application, I realised it is the perfect shade for outlining and blending on my lower lid. Even without trying the other products yet, I know for sure that this is my favourite prize item! 
The purple liner is a subtle complement to my black liquid eyeliner and mascara, and it applies really smoothly and evenly. It's also a natural mineral based formula, and although naturalness isn't always high on my list of requirements for makeup, I know that it will be gentle for my sensitive eyes. 
e.l.f. Cosmetics are also 100% against animal testing, and all of their packaging is recyclable. Along with this, their prices are reasonable and quality is high, and so I would definitely recommend el.f. makeup (especially Mineral Eye Liner!) I think I'm going to have to invest in some of their nail products now, and see what sort of design I can create using e.l.f. varnish.

0 comments: