Nail Varnish On A Budget

I keep seeing so many brilliant offers for nail varnish, but unfortunately the majority are all US based, and don't ship internationally :( I noticed an amazing offer at ulta.com, where a lot of polishes are only $2 and there's a $3.50 discount when you spend $10 or over. Converted to GBP, that's about £1.30 for the varnishes and more than £2 off your order, amazing! However I soon realised that it's only US shipping, so my bubble was well and truly burst.

I was so excited about the prospect of bargain nail varnishes that I began hunting down sales and voucher codes. My go-to site is Models Own, because they do fantastic nail varnish deals (buy 3 save £3, and buy 5 save £7). That means you can pick up five colours for £18, rather than pay £5-£6 each in shops. HOWEVER, I was in the mood for even more of a bargain, and more of a choice (Models Own colours are lovely, but I feel a little bit limited).

That's when I discovered Nail Polish Direct. Straight away I noticed the 'FREE DELIVERY ON ALL UK ORDERS!' on the homepage, which is always a bonus. I joined the Facebook group via the same page, as I know that offers and voucher codes are often advertised there. And I was in luck - they've just got the China Glaze Texture Collection in stock, and for the launch they're offering customers 10% of orders.

Although I didn't purchase anything from that collection, the voucher code was still valid for other items :) So I had a quick browse through, picking up any of the colours that I've been wanting for a while (a lime green, a pale grey, and a candy coloured pink). Obviously, with such cheap prices, I ended up grabbing a few more than I expected...

Although the quality of W7 isn't amazing, my clear top coats always ensure that chipping and peeling is avoided. These four were all £1.95 each - it would be rude to ignore such a deal!









I also picked up 3 Rimmel nail varnishes. I've always loved Rimmel, as it's so quick drying and chip resistant. These were slightly more expensive at £2.95... Still a bargain though!







As any mathematician would tell you, (£1.95 x 4) + (£2.95 x 3) = £16.65, which is brilliant in itself for an order of seven nail varnishes. However, the 10% discount meant that my total was only £14.99, and along with the free delivery, this was definitely an amazing purchase!

It's a shame that a lot of the US deals don't ship internationally, but with sites like Models Own and Nail Polish Direct, you can still pick up bargains. Nail art is such a cheap addiction!

*Images accessed via the NPD website: www.nailpolishdirect.co.uk

0 comments: