Squirrels & Acorns: Autumn with the polish party

Hi everyone! Today I bring you my first manicure of the Polish Party collaboration. A group of us got chatting on Twitter and decided to start up our own monthly nail art challenge, and the first theme is 'Autumn'. I wanted to do something a little bit different, so I settled on a mix-and-match red squirrel and acorn design, which I'm still trying to decide if I like or not. I also got to use some of my newest Sinful Colors purchases in this manicure - this brand never ceases to amaze me! Each polish is only £1.99, and although you tend to need around 3 coats for opacity, the quality is definitely fantastic for the price. Plus there's a huuuuuge range of colours, so if you happen to pass a bigger Boots store in the future, make sure you pop in and check out the Sinful Colors stand!

The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Sinful Colors 'Courtney Orange'
Sinful Colors 'Pistache'
Sinful Colors 'Nirvana'
Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Models Own 'Fashionista'
Models Own 'Bare Beauty'
No. 7 'Totally Teal'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art paint brush
To create the acorns, I used Models Own 'Fashionista'. If you read my previous review of the Models Own & Ford Fiesta 'Glam It Up A Gear' collection, you'll know that I am NOT a fan of this greeny-gold shade. However, it seemed the perfect choice for acorns, and the shiny metallic finish adds a nice 3D effect. I used two coats, then applied Sinful Colors 'Nirvana' to mimic the shell, and added extra details using black and a fine paint brush.
The squirrels were not so simple to achieve. I used Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White' as a base, and then the beautiful 'Courtney Orange' for the heads. This is the perfect autumnal shade - it's rich and very pigmented, and adds a real pop of colour to the manicure. For the face I used 'Bare Beauty', then applied black and white details using my paint brush. At first my squirrel looked a bit too much like a fox, so I added some little teeth to make them look more 'rodenty'.
The squirrels seemed a little lonely on their white bases, so I added more acorns and some leaves using 'Pistache' and 'Totally Teal'. Finally, I topped everything off with my beloved Essie 'Good To Go'. What do you think? 

Fancy seeing what the rest of the Polish Party girlies have done for their Autumn manis? Check them out!

0 comments: