Glowing Galaxies - Galaxy Nails

Hello everyone! What's this? A real post you ask? With actual nail art?? YES! I bring you more galaxy nails!! I've been wanting to try doing galaxy nails again (and here too) ever since I saw Very Emily's Galaxy Drips of last September.


I used Petites Night as a base, sponged on a very light coat of China Glaze Blue Year's Eve. Then added some fairly random sponge blobs with Petites Raspberry Ice, Pure Ice Touch Me Softly, and Petites Figi. Since I don't have any plain glitter toppers, I put a scoop of holographic micro-glitter into a drop of base and lightly topped the entire nail with glitter. Lastly, I used a nail art brush and some white polish to create a star on each nail.


I love the pinky nail on this one. Something about the way the light hit it makes it look like a shooting star with the trail of purple streaming behind. :)


I liked the slightly textured look of this mani without top coat, but I couldn't resist adding some Seche Vite. It really made the colors pop.


And the best part? It glows in the dark!! This is one thick coat of a glow polish I'm testing for release ... and I used it over the black - BEFORE I even started sponging. I love that it glows through all the sponged on polishes but gets hidden behind the stars. It created an awesome effect, didn't it?

0 comments: