August-September 2013 Empties

My very first Empties post! I've been hoarding my empty products just so I can write this, and that's saying something, because it usually takes me forever to finish a product. Not because I use small quantities, quite the opposite actually, I use large amounts of products. I just get bored quickly and end up buying different ones before I even finish the ones I have. A bad habit I know, but I can't help it! I'm always curious when new products come out, and have to try them as soon as possible.

I like to read empties posts, so it's fun that I get to finally make one myself. I like that, since you have used the product to the very end, you know it through and through, and can give a concise opinion on whether it is worth repurchasing. I only have five products for this post, but I will try to actually use the products I have, instead of buying more, so my next post will have more to it.



Almay Smart Shade Foundation:
I love this foundation. This is my fourth bottle, and is my go to foundation. I use shade 100 Light, because I am super pale. Like, Casper the ghost pale. It is color matching, meaning it applies white, but adjusts to your skin tone during blending. It blends beautifully, and is never streaky or blotchy. It gives medium coverage, I usually use a cream concealer over it for my under-eye circles -Thanks genetics!-. Unfortunately, the price has gone up on this at my local drugstore, -Almost $20.- and for a girl on a budget it's just to high for now. So I purchased a replacement by Physician's Formula. I haven't used it yet, I'm a bit nervous. When I swatch it it looked a little dark for my complexion, but I won't know until I try. I'll let you know.
Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew:
The names a bit redundant, but it was a pretty good lip balm. It only cost $.99, so that was a great selling point for me, but it wasn't worth a repurchase. It was too gooey, and fell apart on the first use! It made my lips feel soft, but didn't really help their health. I still had the dreaded chapped lip days. I replaced it with a medicated balm that's not as pleasant to look at, but is more nourishing.
Sparitual Organic Bath Salts:
I'm not going to even start or else I will go into a tangent. I received this sample in the mail, and was not very happy with it. You can find my full review of it here.


Romance Moisturizing Body Wash:
This is a drugstore brand. I was looking for a body wash that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and this was only $2. I didn't really notice an improvement in my skin's texture or smoothness. But it did have a nice floral scent, and lathered really nicely. Perfect if your on a tight budget like me. Though I ended up spending a couple dollars more for the replacement -I bought a super creamy body wash with coconut, it smells so good, and I don't even like coconut!-, because I needed something a bit more moisturizing. I know you get what you pay for, but this was still a nice product for the small price.
Nuance Salma Hayek Shampoo:
As I've mentioned in a previous post, while I am a professional Cosmetologist, I hate paying for professional products. $20 for a small shampoo is just insane to me. So I was at my local drugstore and discovered this new shampoo. I didn't know Salma Hayek even had a hair care line before this, so I really bought it as an experiment, and I also just really liked the bottle. It only cost $8, and lasted a decent amount of time. I wouldn't say is was terrible, but I wouldn't say it was great either. I'll give it a "Meh". I didn't see any difference in my hair's condition, good or bad. The scent was OK, and it rinsed OK, and didn't cause too many tangles. So all in all, Meh. I already bought it's replacement, which I talk about in more detail here. The replacement is much better, great scent, easy rinsing, and no tangles, for half the price of this one.

Thanks for reading!






Follow on Bloglovin

Have you used any of these products? Have you made an Empties post? Leave me a link in the comments, I'd love to take a look.

0 comments: