Nail lacquer competition prize: a very girly mani!

Hi everyone! If you follow me on FacebookInstagram or Twitter you may know that I recently won Nail Lacquer's 'Farewell To Summer' nail art competition. I submitted my ice lolly nails (you can find the tutorial here), and I was so excited when I found out I'd got the most votes. If you voted for me, thank you very very very much! Anyway, the prize was my choice of indie nail polish, and after swooning over the majority of the stock in Nail Lacquer's Etsy shop, I finally settled for 'Pink Star'.

My prize arrived very quickly with a cute little note, along with two additional nail art bows, which was a lovely surprise. I absolutely love the charms that Nail Lacquer attaches to her bottles, it really makes them stand out against other indie polish brands! With these pretty, girly treats, it made sense to create a VERY pretty, girly manicure...
The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Nail Lacquer UK 'Pink Star'
OPI 'Chic From Ears To Tail'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Medium dotting tool
Pink nail art bows

I applied 'Pink Star' to my index and little finger nails. This took around 4 coats for opacity. It's a lovely candy pink colour with tiny flecks of neon pink glitter throughout, along with a few pink stars which I decided to leave out of this manicure. By layering up the polish I achieved a really cute jelly sandwich effect, which unfortunately you can't see due to my iPhone camera!
On my thumb nail I used 'Chic From Ears To Tail', which is the pale pink creme polish from OPI's Couture de Minnie collection. I managed to pick up the minis collection from TK Maxx the other day, for an amazing £9.99! This also took around 4 coats for a good opaque finish. On my middle and ring finger nails is Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White', and once everything was dry, I added polkadots using a medium-sized dotting tool.
I left my middle finger blank for the nail art bow, and as I expected, it didn't fit too well. My nails are really narrow and curved, so any larger embellishments don't tend to stick. I think if you have broader, flatter nails, then these types of bows would be ideal. I still think it looks really adorable though!

What do you think of my ultra girly manicure? Be sure to check out www.nail-lacquer.co.uk for more details on her handmade polishes, along with some lovely swatches, reviews, and of course, nail art!


0 comments: