Sparitual Organic Bath Salts Review

I recently received two samples of Sparitual's organic bath salts in the mail. I have never used bath salts before, so I figured this would be an interesting product to review. -I have no affiliation with Sparitual, and was not asked to review it. these are my own opinions.-

I actually have two nail polishes from Sparitual that I picked up at a beauty show, so I already had a positive opinion of the brand before I got these samples. -I will swatch & review the polish soon.-
As I mentioned I have never used bath salts before, so I wasn't sure if I would like them.
I do like taking baths, they are way more relaxing than my daily showers, but my apartments plumbing is very old, so it takes forever to fill my bathtub. But I've had these samples for a bit, and have been dying to try them, so I finally decided to try them out a couple days ago.


They are 70% organic bath salts. They are also multipurpose, you can use them in your bath, or as a hand or foot soak. This product is made with "Certified organic ingredients" and is vegan and paraben free.

Ingredients: Maris sal/sea salt/sel marin, Magnesium sulfate, Dead sea salt, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oil, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed  oil, Glycerin (plant derived), Boswellia serrata (somalian frankincense) Essential oil, Galactoarabinan, tocopheryl (vitamin E) Acetate, Sorbitan monooleate, lllite (Rosa clay), Parfum/fragrance, Silica, Benzyl cinnamate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, and Linalool. I have basically no idea what half of this stuff is, and can pronounce maybe half of it.

The instructions state:
For a manicure, add 1 heaping scoop. Pedicure, 2 heaping scoops. Full body bath, A generous amount.

Since I was taking a bath, and have never stuck to recommended amounts of products, I poured the entire packet in. I noticed other bloggers will take a picture of their bath, but I find that kind of weird, I don't know why, plus it really didn't do anything to the water, since it's not made for that.
A problem I had was that when I opened the packet I was expecting the consistency of, well, SALT. Having never used bath salts, maybe I was mistaken. But the consistency was more like a gritty paste. Not very appealing. It was also a taupe color, so when I added it to my bath I felt like I was pouring straight brown sugar into it. Was I baking or taking a bath? I don't know. -I'm hoping the weird consistency can be attributed to the high temperatures this summer, and not that it is a terrible product, because I like Sparitual.-

The scent smelled faintly of Vic's vapor rub, So while that isn't my favorite scent, at least my sinuses were clear. The scent wasn't very relaxing unfortunately. I wish it was more floral, and not so chemical. That was very surprising coming from an organic product. Again, having never used this kind of product before, I may be totally wrong in my thoughts on how bath salts are actually supposed to work, but I really wasn't that crazy about it, and didn't feel like it added anything to my bath. The scent also wasn't very strong, so it was gone fairly quickly.

All in all, I'm not that blown away by this product. I was expecting a nice aroma, relaxation, and softer skin. I was left with brown sugar paste, and the faint scent of Vic's reminding me of past childhood colds. Not really a product I would recommend at this point, but I am willing to try again with a different brand. I still love Sparitual's nail polishes though, so I suggest buy their nail polish, maybe skip their bath salts.

Thanks for reading!
Brittany

Do you use bath salts? Have you tried this product before? What are your opinions?

Follow on Bloglovin







0 comments: