london fashion week day 3: mulberry

Hi guys! Today I bring you a design inspired by one of the most popular fashion houses of today's LFW schedule: Mulberry. Mulberry has created one of the biggest buzzes online thanks to their cute and clever invitations - rather than sending out traditional invites, they collaborated with Wedgewood and delivered tiny tea cups to the lucky individuals on their guest list. I had a snoop around online and came across a gorgeous image of Mulberry cups and saucers, and knew immediately that I had to recreate the colours and patterns on my nails!



The equipment:

Models Own 'Blueberry Muffin'
Models Own 'Utopia'
Models Own 'In The Navy'
e.l.f. 'Nude'
Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Rio white nail art pen
Essie 'Matte About You'
Fine nail art paint brush

Unfortunately I couldn't match the dusky pink colour, so I improvised with a nude shade. I also wanted to include Models Own 'Utopia', because although there isn't a soft grey shade in the picture, I knew it would fit in really well. I've never used this colour combination before in my nail art, but I really love it!  
I started out with my base coats, applying two to each nail, apart from 'Utopia' and 'Blueberry Muffin', which required three for opacity. Once everything was dry, I used my Rio white nail art pen (my Models Own ones have finally run out after over 10 months... Sob!) and added the classic Mulberry tree.
I used a fine nail art brush to neaten up the triangle shapes of the tree drunks, and then added the leaves quite randomly. I painted a combination of dots and dashes, and kept stopping to check the shape was developing okay. I think the tree on my thumb nail looks best, because the leaves are slightly thinner and more spiky, but I still think the rest look cute!
I topped everything off with Essie 'Matte About You', because this manicure just begs for a mattified finish. I'm really pleased with the overall effect and love the muted tones, along with the simplicity of the tree design. What do you think of my Mulberry nails?

0 comments: