Then and Now: Pumpkins + Tutorial

Hey everyone! Today's tutorial design is pumpkins, probably the most famous halloween food there is. Although, I'm about to making a shocking confession: I have never actually eaten pumpkin, dun dun dunnnn. The smell puts me off way too much, but every autumn I hear people raving about how good pumpkin is, yet I'm still not quite tempted to try it. Nevertheless, I can enjoy it on my nails, and it's such a simple design to complete so I'm sure you can all enjoy it too! The 'then' nails and the tutorial will be after the jump


For these nails I used a base of OPI - My Vampire Is Buff, then I used Barry M - Satsuma, Barry M - Mushroom, Barry M - Key Lime, and Seche Vite topcoat 




This is what they looked like last year:


And now for the tutorial...

Step 1: Paint your nails with a basecoat of OPI - My Vampire Is Buff, you could also use white if you’d prefer
Step 2: Using the brush from the bottle of nail varnish or a separate brush, draw a semi-circle of orange
Step 3: Using a thin brush or striper, paint a lighter shade of orange (perhaps by mixing a bit of white with the orange as I did) in stripes to create a more pumpkin-like effect
Step 4: Using a brush paint a stem for the pumpkin using Barry M – Mushroom
Step 5: With the same thin brush, paint a spiral of green. I used Barry M – Key Lime
Step 6: Finish off with a topcoat to seal in your design and you’re done!

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

0 comments: