Halloween Nail Art: Sparkles & Spiders

Hi everyone, long time no see! I've been the WORST blogger recently, I don't even dare look at the date of my last post. Oooops. I've been working a lot recently so my nails have taken a back seat, and all of the keyboard bashing has turned them into sad little stumps! Anyway, I decided to reenter the world of nail art with a spider design. I've had several different ideas for Halloween, so I'll probably end up doing quite a few posts. I decided to start off with spiders and cobwebs, since I knew it'd be nice and simple, which is probably best as I'm seriously out of practise!

The equipment:

Rimmel 'Pompous'
Sinful Colors 'Out Of This World'
Models Own white nail art pen
Models Own black nail art pen

I used purple 'Pompous' and silver 'Out Of This World' for the alternating bases. Both are really lovely metallic shades with subtle glitter throughout. The silver required three coats for opacity, and the purple needed two.
Once my bases were dry, I used my nail art pens for the details. I drew black cobwebs on the corners of my silver nails, then formed a little spider with a blob and six skinny legs. I also added eyes with tiny dots. On my purple nails, I painted the cobwebs in white for a bit of contrast. They looked a little bit boring compared to my other nails, so I decided to add some baby spiders on top.
This manicure required hardly any equipment, and although it's not my best, I still think the idea is quite effective. I'm very much in a Halloween-y mood now, so watch out for a few more 'scary' designs. 


0 comments: